Facial liposuction is a procedure to reduce excess neck and facial fat. Prolipo Plus is laser-assisted liposuction that uses specific wavelengths of light energy to loosen the fat for easy removal. It is far superior to traditional lipo systems. While traditional liposuction relies on suction and mechanical trauma to remove excess skin and fat, Prolipo Plus liquifies fat, coagulates blood, and stimulates collagen formation, in one procedure.
How does facial lipo work? What should I expect?
- A diluted lidocaine mixture is injected into the treatment area, after which the skin is prepped and draped.
- The surgeon makes a two-millimeter incision, through which a fine laser fiber is introduced into the anesthetized area.
- Nd:YAG laser fiber is gently passed back and forth under the skin to liquify and destroy the fat cells. This causes coagulation of blood vessels, greatly reducing bruising as compared to older liposuction.
- Once the fat is destroyed, the laser wavelength is changed to target deep underlying skin and cause contracture -- a significant advantage over traditional liposuction.
- The liquified fat is then gently removed with low suction.
- To maximize safety, we use TempASSURE technology for real time thermometric data. This ensures the fat is heated adequately, without damaging surrounding tissue.
- A compression dressing is then placed for 48 hours.