What are cosmetic lasers used for?
Lasers have a broad range of medical uses, there are many types of lasers available today and many are useful for skin rejuvenation. Some of the most common issues treated include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damaged skin (freckling and melasma)
- Trauma and acne scarring
- Vascular lesions and Birthmarks
- Tattoo removal
- Small vein and spider vein treatment
- Laser hair removal
What laser technologies to you offer?
Omaha Face offers a complete spectrum of laser treatments. Our Sciton Joule multiplatform system offers top of the line technology for lines/wrinkles, loose, skin, pigmentary issues, veins and rosacea, and even laser-assisted liposuction. The specific technologies include:
- Contour TRL profractional laser. This adjustable technology can go from a very superficial lunch time peel to a very deep peel to address the deepest lines/wrinkles and pigmentary issues. The erbium technology is better tolerated than CO2 lasers and yields great results. Laser peels have advantages over chemical peels including faster application and more calculated, precise depth of treatment.
- Profractional Erbium. Fractional resurfacing has been one of the largest recent advantages in laser therapies. This technology uses very small columns to heat the deepest layer of skin and get dramatic tightening. The untreated skin between the columns serves to help heal and dramatically reduces downtime.
- ClearScan YAG. The Nd:YAG technology in this laser is ideal for treating blood vessels and pigmented lesions. This leaves the overlying skin intact with minimal downtime. It is great for facial vessels, vascular lesions, and deep moles.
- ProLipo Plus. This laser assisted liposuction technology is great for trouble areas such as under the chin. Compared to traditional liposuction it offers several advantages. The heat from the laser help to tighten the overlying skin while melting the fat. The laser also coagulates blood vessels so there is much less associated bruising. This can be done in the office under local anesthesia.
- BBL Therapy. This light based therapy offers a wide variety of applications with little to no downtime. Therapies include acne reduction, rosacea treatment, photofacials for pigmentary changes, and infrared skin tightening (SkinTyte).
What does laser treatment involve?
The specifics of your treatment will depend on the specific technology and settings used. We tailor each of these to meet each patient’s aesthetic and downtime goals. Treatment is done in the clinic and is quite well tolerated. Some therapies such as aggressive resurfacing may require light sedation. Sessions are usually 30 min to an hour. Some conditions may take more than one treatment, including vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, and severe scarring.