Laser Resurfacing Omaha
What is laser resurfacing?
With the advancement of medical lasers, we now have the ability to remove the outer of layer of skin in a precise, calculated fashion. With removal of old skin and formation of new skin comes improvement in age spots, fine lines/wrinkles, and skin laxity. This is a similar concept to chemical peels that have been around for years. It differs, however, in that the heat delivered to the deeper layers of the dermis results in a more significant tightening effect.
What laser resurfacing technologies do you offer?
Our Sciton Joule multiplatform system offers top of the line technology for lines/wrinkles, loose skin, and pigmentary issues. The specific technologies include:
- Contour TRL profractional laser. This adjustable technology can go from a very superficial lunch time peel to a very deep treatment designed to address the deepest lines/wrinkles and pigmentary issues. The erbium technology is better tolerated than CO2 lasers and yields equal (often better) results. Laser resurfacing has advantages over chemical peels including faster application and a more precise treatment depth.
- Nano Laser Peel: this “weekend peel” requires only light topical anesthesia cream. It is very well tolerated, and will have you back to work by Monday with brighter, smoother look.
- Micro Laser Peel: This peel is perfect for fine to moderate wrinkles. It will go up to 50 microns in depth. It does have a slightly longer recovery than the nano peel, but patients typically can start wearing makeup at 3-4 days post op.
- Deep Resurfacing: Those deeper lines and wrinkles around the mouth and eyes didn’t get there overnight, chances are they have been there a while. While they can still treated, they often require stronger settings. With deep resurfacing we frequently use light sedation and local anesthesia to facilitate an effective treatment depth. Trouble spots will often receive multiple passes to get the best results.
- Profractional Erbium. Fractional resurfacing has been one of the largest recent advantages in laser therapies. This technology uses very small laser columns to reach the deepest layer of skin and get dramatic tightening. The untreated skin between the columns serves to help heal and dramatically reduces downtime.
- Combination Treatments: To achieve more dramatic results, we often use a number of combinations including Contour TRL, Profractional, and BBL treatments. This allows us to customize your treatment program to best address your specific concerns and needs.
What does laser resurfacing involve?
- The specifics of your treatment will depend on the specific technology and settings used. We adjust each treatment plan to match the patient’s aesthetic and downtime goals.
- Treatment is done in the clinic and is quite well tolerated. Some therapies such as aggressive resurfacing may require light sedation and local anesthesia.
- You will be comfortably reclined in a chair, and wavelength-specific eye protection placed.
- Sessions are usually 30 min to an hour.
- Some conditions may take more than one treatment, particularly if lower settings are used for shorter downtimes.
- After the procedure, we will apply ice water soaks for 10-20 minutes before applying a healing ointment.
How much does Laser Resurfacing cost?
- Full Face Resurfacing, light $500
- Full Face Resurfacing, light (series of 3) $1,300