Laser Liposuction Omaha
Prolipo Plus is a laser-assisted liposuction procedure that uses specific laser wavelengths to improve upon traditional fat removal. While traditional liposuction relies upon suction and mechanical trauma to remove fat, Prolipo plus liquifies fat, coagulates blood, and stimulates collage formation all at once.
What areas can be treated?
Prolipo plus is best utilized in areas with a mild to moderate amount of unwanted fat, including:
- Submentum (mini neck lift)
- Bra roll
- Chest (male)
Are the results permanent?
Yes the results are typically permanent. As adults we do not make new fat cells in response to weight gain, the existing cells simply get larger. With Prolipo Plus we heat, liquify, and destroy the fat cells in the area treated making it more resistant to future weight fluctuations. That said, there will be a some residual fat cells (albeit much less), and these will enlarge with significant weight gain.
What are the advantages of Prolipo Plus over traditional liposuction?
- Can be done in the office with local anesthesia and light oral sedation
- Can melt through fibrous, tough areas
- Significantly less downtime
- Faster results
- Unparalleled skin contraction after the fat has been removed.
How does it work?
- Treatment begins with injection of a dilute lidocaine mixture into the area being treated.
- After this has set in for at least 15 minutes, the skin is prepped and draped.
- A small 2 mm incision is made and a fine laser fiber is introduced into the anesthetized area.
- Next, an Nd:YAG laser fiber is gently passed back and forth under the skin the liquify and destroy the fat cells. This laser also causes coagulation of blood vessels resulting in much less bruising when compared to older liposuction.
- The laser wavelength is then changed to target the deep underlying skin and cause contracture now that the fat has been destroyed. This is a significant advantage compared to traditional liposuction.
- The liquified fat is then gently removed with low suction.
- To maximize safety we utilize TempASSURE technology to give real time thermometric data. This ensures the fat is heated adequately, without damaging surround tissue.
- A compression dressing is then placed for 48 hours.